Namaskar, Welcome to the world of Dr. SALIL LATAY – LIVE IN CONCERT- a concert concept of Indian (Hindustani) Light Music, better known as Sugamsangeet in India, developed and promoted by Dr. Salil Latay – a Music Composer and Singer from Pune, India.
It is a vocal presentation, i.e. it is a concert in singing of melody oriented songs. A mission to promote good melody oriented music for the real interested audiences and Rasikjans (Connoisseur of good music). The album of this concept is called Geetanjali Express.
You see things; and you say “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why not?” - George Bernard Shaw
A life story so far to live by this great quote.
- Born in a musical family.
- Excelled in academics as well as music since early childhood.
- Academic Qualifications: M.A., Ph.D. in Geography along with Diplomas in Tourism, Management in Tourism (IATA3), Advertising & Public Relations, Web Designing.
- 3 years of Corporate job experience in the work area of Planning and R & D.
- Musically trained under the able guidance of his parents – Sau. Amaraja & Shri. Jagadishdatta Latay and a constant source of encouragement from his singer-writer-creative artist sister Ms. Vidyut J. Latay. Apart from these, Dr. Salil received valuable training and guidance from Shri. Shripadbuwa Madiye & Shri. Ladoo Naik at Phonda Goa, Shri. Sudhakar Hande at Bhandara, Sau. Minaxi & Dr. Laxmikant Bapat at Vadodara. Presently he continues to be trained under the guidance of Pandit Rajendra Kandalgaonkar at Pune.
- Gave his first singing performance at the age of 5.
- Started playing the Harmonium at the age of 6.
- Started playing the Synthesizer at the age of 14.
- Participated and won many singing competitions during the school and university days.
- Was an active member of the School Orchestra Band – Both as a Synthesizer Player and a Lead Singer.
- Composed his first song at the age of 15.
- Sang for his first music album in 1999.
- Took up composing regularly since the year 2000.
- Turned his passionate hobby of Singing into a full time occupation in October 2003.
- Composed, sang and compeered for his first solo album in 2004.
- Launched his own website – geetanjaliexpress in 2006.
- Geetanjali Express S1 Album launched in 2010 re-mastered and released again as 2012 Version with Dr. Salil Latay as a Producer along with Composer and Singer.
- Geetanjali Express B1 – The instrumental version of the songs of S1 released in October 2012.
- GEETANJALI EXPRESS – THE CONCERT BECOMES Dr. SALIL LATAY – LIVE IN CONCERT SINCE 04TH OCTOBER 2012 MARKING THE BEGINNING OF A DECADE YEAR OF FULL TIME CREATION, PROMOTION AND PRESENTATION OF MELODY – THIS MISSION FOR LIFE! ALBUMS PRODUCED BY Dr. SALIL LATAY TO CONTINUE TO CARRY THE SIGNATURE NAME OF GEETANJALI EXPRESS ALONG WITH THE WEBSITE.
- Geetanjali Express S2 album released on 01 September 2013.
My concert is a one to one concert. It is an absolute individual performance and definitely not a musical orchestra or a band. It is simple and straight. A performance with which every person can relate. – Dr. Salil Latay.
Thus a man with a mission – creating and presenting purposeful music, with every performance as a performance with a difference!
Dr. Salil Latay has a very unique way of presenting his concert. It is presented with only 3 artists on stage. Himself on the SYNTHESIZER along with a RHYTHMIST (LIVE DRUM/ OCTOPAD/Tabla/ DHOLAK) Player AND A GUITAR. Inspired by various Indian stalwarts of yester years – many of them still practice it today, such a presentation format is a rare sight for today’s times given its commercial proposition. Sometimes instruments like Side Rhythm, BASS Guitar or SECOND Synthesizer add up to the harmony.
Geetanjali Express is a story of one’s life. It is yours, mine and everybody’s life story. This is represented by various melody oriented songs.
1) Geetanjali in Hindi literally means Geet + Anjali = An offering of good meaningful songs to you Rasikjans (Connoisseur of Good Music)
2) Every letter in the word Geetanjali signifies the contents of this concept. Ge – Geet meaning songs, Ta – Taal meaning Rhythm, Ja – Jazbat meaning Emotions – Music is all about it, Isn’t it? Li – In Urdu, stands for a nice term – Liyaqat – meaning respect for others (here our respect for you – Rasikjans (Connoisseur of good music)
3) Why Express – Every musical ALBUM concept is a journey – the story of life. This journey passes in form of a song through all the important destinations on the way of life, just like an express train stopping on only important stations on the route.
You can contact him by visiting his website www.geetanjaliexpress.com