The course is designed (a) to provide professional preparation to the prospective personnel executives,(b) to increase the professional effectiveness of the practicing personnel executive in the functions he is now performing, (c) to develop their potentialities for shouldering responsibilities in future as a member of the corporate management team.
The course is intended to equip the participants with a) an understanding of the changing environment in which organization and its personnel component operate, (b) knowledge of principles and practices of business management, (c) the insights and skills required for managing industrial relations, and planning, developing and utilizing human resources, (d) the competence to develop and apply appropriate programmes and techniques and (e )the ability to use analytical tools for planning and evaluating the functions.
The course is designed to be more analytical and fact-oriented than value oriented. The emphasis will be why and how people behave as they do in the organizations, as compared to how they ought to behave. The participants will have opportunities to examine alternate goals to pursue, alternate concepts and approaches to leadership, and alternate methods and structures to influence organizational behavior and the costs and implications of each of their development.
The broad objective of the course is to offer education in the field of I.R. and P.M.
• To improve effectiveness of functionaries on the job.
• To develop potentialities of students for shouldering ‘future responsibilities.
• To promote career prospects of candidates and confer professional qualifications.
• To provide working experience to candidates with educational input.
1.Any graduate from a recognized University as a regular student is eligible to apply.
2.Candidate should have passed S.S.C., H.S.C and graduate level examination with English as one of the subject. However, candidates who have graduated with English as medium of Instruction and are not having English as one of the subject at graduation can also apply.
3.Candidates appearing at the final degree examination can apply.
4. Admission will be based on the performance in the admission test.
5. Candidates coming from outside of the M.S. University of Baroda need to obtain eligibility certificate from the M.S. University of Baroda for conforming of their admission.
Duration and Award: The course leads to Diploma in Industrial Relations & Personnel Management. It is for one academic year. Usually admissions are finalised by end of June or middle of July.
Faculty of Social Work, The M.S.University of Baroda, Fatehgunj, Baroda 390002. Timinigs: 6:00 p.m. onwards or such other times declared from time to time.
1. Course Work (Theory Courses) : 20 Credits
2. Field Work Placement :4 Credits
3. Project Report : 4 Credits
4. Viva Voce : 2 Credits
All above components are compulsory and minimum 80% attendance in every teaching programme is must.
1. Personnel Management-Concepts and Procedures
2. Business Environment and Management Processes
3. Human Behaviour in an Organisation
4. Labour Welfare Ideology and Approaches
5. Methods and Processes of working with People
6. Human Resource Development : Concepts and Procedures
7. Wage and Salary Administration
8. Industrial Relations and Trade Unions
9. Labour Legislations and Labour Welfare
10. Research and Computer Application in Industry.