In the modern Industrial and Information based society, HRM is of a great significance. In the light of new demands of globalization, privatization and liberalization we need to refocus and re-examine traditional concepts of application of human behaviour discipline. The traditional concept of industrial relations, personnel management, labour welfare etc. need also be re-examined with special focus on Human Resources Management.
(1) To provide students specific field knowledge in the areas of HRM, HRD and IRPM.
(2) To equip students with the use of various skills in managing human resources.
The duration of the P.G. D.H.R.M. course is one Year (i.e. two terms)
Intake of the students : 30 to 40
1.Any graduate from a recognized University as a regular student is eligible to apply.
2.Candidate should have passed S.S.C., H.S.C and graduate level examination with English as one of the subject. However, candidates who have graduated with English as medium of Instruction and are not having English as one of the subject at graduation can also apply.
3.Candidates appearing at the final degree examination can apply.
4.Admission will be based on the performance in the admission test.
5.Candidates coming from outside of the M.S. University of Baroda need to obtain eligibility certificate from the M.S. University of Baroda for conforming of their admission.
Course Content & Credits
Theory Courses : 40 Credits Field Work : 08 Credits Project Report : 04 Credits Seminar : 02 Credits Viva Voce : 06 Credits Total : 50 Credits
1. Theories and Practices of Human Resource Management
2. Intervention Strategies at Individual Level
3. Labour Management and Economics
4. Sociological Aspects of Organisation
5. Research arid Computer Application
6. Personnel Management-I
7. Industrial Relations-I
8. Elements of Management
9. Intervention Strategies at Group Level
10. Organisational Behaviour
11. Human Resource Development
12. Personnel Management-lI
13. Labour Welfare
14. Industrial Relations-II
15. Wage and Salary Administration.