Introduction of Rational
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has come to be accepted as an emerging discipline Globally . Many business organizations have also accepted their social responsibility voluntarily.Some others have adopted to keep up a corporate image while others to get a competitive edge among others. For an individual as for an organization, CSR gives an opportunity to deliver as a responsibility enlightened citizen. The companies Bill 2012makes it mandatory that all corporate having a net worth of RS.500crores or more or with a turnover of RS.1000 crores during any financial year spending of twopercent of average net profit to be spent on corporate social responsibility. These mandatoryrequirements added with an increasing realization among business organization that they need tocontribute for social development in the times to come have increased the scope of CSR. However, there is ambiguity on what needs to be done and where are the resources to be deployed. This calls in for guided interface with academic institution like the Faculty of Social Work, The M. S. University of Baroda. The Faculty of Social work has been a pioneer in working at the grassroots in urban and rural communities, with the government and with industrial and business organization. The faculty has laid a strong foundation to reckon with through its field work, research, seminars & extension work through the industry government Academia interface synergizing on this strength. The faculty of social work proposes one year diploma in corporate social responsibility to give direction to working professionals and potential aspirants who would like to make career in this emerging field.
To equip individuals with knowledge and skills undertaking Corporate Social Responsibility. • To develop competencies for effective field interventions, research and management of CSR Interventions. . To develop an insight into present CSR strategies of model business organization. To enable students with conceptual clarity on need, purpose and relevance of research applicability in CSR practice.
1. Any graduate from a recognized university as a regular student is eligible to apply
2. Candidate appearing at the final degree examination can apply
3. Admission will be based on the performance in the admission test
4. Candidates coming from outside of the M.S.University of Baroda need to obtain eligibility certificate from M.S.University of Baroda for conforming of their admission.
Duration of the Course : One year i.e. two semesters.
Intake : Every year 20 to 40 students will be admitted in the P.G. Diploma C.S.R. Programme
Course Contents and Credits
|1. CSR-Concepts & Ideologies||Credits (2)|
|2. Intervention at Individual and Group||Credits (2)|
|3. Social Research||Credits (2)|
|4. Introduction to Management||Credits (2)|
|5. Business Ethics & Governance level||Credits (2)|
|1. Community & Social Development||Credits (2)|
|2. Practices in CSR||Credits (2)|
|3. Labour Welfare & Business Policies||Credits (2)|
|4. Social Entrepreneurship||Credits (2)|
|5. Seminar Workshop/ Presentation||Credits (2)|
|Field work||Credits (4)|
|Final viva||Credits (4)|
|Total Credits||Credits (30)|
Attendance will be compulsory in the programme. A candidate whose over all attendance is less than 80% will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
1) Examination for each course will be divided into two parts viz. mid term and term end examination carrying 50-50 weightage.
2) Regular evaluations of the practicum will be conducted
FIELD WORK OUTLINE FOR P.G DIPLOMA IN CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Field Work: The field work learning of the students of the P.G. Diploma in Corporate Social Responsibility will be undertaken at the agencies/ organisation working in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility. Students will be placed at these agencies for a period of four weeks with a minimum input of 8 hours a day. The faculty supervisor with the help of agency personnel will identify and formulate assignments based on the learning needs of the student and the objectives of the agency at the end of the total field work done and submit to the faculty supervisor. Both the student and the supervisor will be actively involved in the critical appraisal of the work done by the student during fieldwork and the student performance will be evaluated.
Objectives of the field work :
1. To give an opportunity to the students to get acquainted with the scope of corporate social responsibility in industrial setup
2. To enable students to develop understanding in the areas of Corporate Social Responsibility and the contributions of the organisations working for it – viz a viz its Planning, Management, and Intervention.
3. To offer opportunity to the students to learn about the community situation analysis and develop decision making abilities.
4. To help the student to learn how to explore the various areas of work for CSR activities.
5. To offer intensive and coordinated learning experience to the students with the view to meeting adequately the expectations of the job in the field of CSR.
The area of knowledge which student is expected to cover during his/her field work placement are as follows.
• History vision, mission and philosophy of the organization
• Organization structure and functions of each department
• CSR department and functions
• Social responsibilities discharged by the organization
• Various areas of CSR activities and initiatives
• Need identification/ assessment and resource mobilization • Community situation analysis
• Social mapping
• Impact assessment
I. Development of skills with CSR perspectives and application of knowledge.
a. Should have understanding of the relationship between classroom teaching and field work realities.
b. Should begin to show curiosity and understanding of planning and implementation of CSR Programmes at different levels.
c. Should show beginning ability to identify resources for the community needs and programmes.
d. Should reflect ability to record observation regarding different assignments undertaken.
e. Should have understanding of the various need of community in relation to the areas of corporation social responsibility.
II. Adjustment within the agency setting.
a. Should have general information about the field work agency – its organisation structure and functioning in accordance with objectives Policy and Programmes
b. Should show understanding of base line survey and community situation analysis.
c. Should have understanding of the process adopted by the organization for planning & implementation of CSR activities.
d. Should understand importance of team work and ability to function as a member of the team
III. Development of capacity to use supervision.
a. Should show ability to utilize supervisory process of learning for-sharing field expriences and enhancing professional development.
b. Should show ability to evaluate ones own performances and visualize scope for development.
IV. Development of professional attitude.
a. Should understand importance of self discipline, integrity, punctuality, responsibility, confidentiality and non judge mental attitude as a professional.
b. Show capacity to build relationship and accept new idea.
c. Should show evidences of conscious use of self for professional development,
The student with the help of faculty member will identify the research area which may be linked with the field work or an independent topic. A final project report will be prepared in consultation with the concerned faculty member.
The content of report writing will be as follows:
2. Review of Literature
3. Research Methodology
4. Analysis & Interpretation
5. Findings, Conclusions and suggestions
Note: The outlines prepared by the faculty are to serve as a guide. The individual can make certain change or modification if it is so desire.