- Casual employees to be covered under ESI. Supreme Court 437
- Chairman not managing day-to-day affairs can’t be prosecuted for violation of Minimum Wages Act. Guj. HC 349
- If residential accommodation is not a condition of service, employees have no right to continue.Supreme Court 425
- Continuous unauthorized absenteeism will justify termination. P&H HC 353
- Court cannot reject the reference of dispute. Supreme Court 338
- Workman can choose the Court/Forum to sue the employer. Supreme Court 337
- Dismissal justified for negligence resulting into loss to employer. Gau. HC 403
- No perversity in directing Regional Provident Fund Commissioner for identification of workers.Guj. HC 375
- Gratuity cannot be denied even if employee does not claim for past service.
Mad. HC 370
- Reinstatement of a Dy. Manager (Security) holding managerial position to be quashed. Jhar. HC 372
- Reviewing authority under Provident Fund Act must pass speaking order. Ori. HC 413
- Plea not taken before EPF Tribunal not tenable in Writ Court. P&H HC 409
- Dismissal of conductor for receiving fare and not issuing tickets is justified.
Del. HC 429
- An employee empowered to select/ appoint persons, not a ‘workman’. Del. HC 431
- Ex-parte enquiry is justified on failure of delinquent to participate. P&H HC 353
- Getting extensions without murmur, the probationer can’t justify performance.
Del. HC 340
- Clubbing of Samithi and Trust for coverage under Provident Fund Act is proper.
Ker. HC 387
- Penalty not justified when enquiry is biased. Gau. HC 398
- Misconduct being foundation, termination of probationer will be illegal. Guj. HC 385
- Preliminary finding of enquiry not to be challenged in Writ Petition. P&H HC 355
- A Company is responsible through its officer, having ultimate control over its affairs. Karn. HC 362
- Termination of probationer on overall performance does not amount to removal as punishment.Del. HC 340
- Reinstatement justified on termination sans compensation. Karn. HC 360
- In domestic enquiry, charges are to be proved on preponderance of probabilities.
Gau. HC 403
- An enquiry sticking to natural justice, not to be interfered. Gau. HC 403
- Enquiry to be dispensed if false certificate is not controverted. Bom. HC 378
- Gratuity can be forfeited only on termination for specified misconducts. Mad. HC 370
- Govt. can transfer industrial dispute from one Court to another. P&H HC 365
- Unless 240 days working is proved by a workman, compliance of section 25F of I.D. Act is not needed. P&H HC 364
- Denial of approval for dismissal of bus conductor not proper since standard is not rigid in enquiries. Raj. HC 394
- Fairness of enquiry depends upon procedure followed in enquiry. Del. HC 406
- Official car driven by driver, creates presumption of his doing official work.
Bom. HC 419
- Nature of Duty determines whether employee is a ‘workman’ or not. Del. HC 431
- Court can’t direct government to refer a dispute for adjudication. Supreme Court 338
- Monetary claim on existing right is tenable u/s 33C (2) of the I.D. Act. P&H HC 358
- Plea of illness without a medical record is not tenable. P&H HC 353
- Order of reference to be adjudicated even if parties don’t appear. P&H HC 356
- Lump sum amount paid towards ‘basic wages’ would attract Provident Fund contributions. Del. HC 345
- ESI Act is to be interpreted for benefits of employees. Supreme Court 437
- School will be an ‘industry’ under Industrial Disputes Act. Karn. HC 360
- Payment of gratuity is employer’s responsibility. Mad. HC 370
- Inconvenience is not a decisive factor while interpreting a statute. Pat. HC 367
- Labour Court is to consider only whether procedure of enquiry was proper or not.
Del. HC 406
- Employer must obtain approval from competent authority stipulated by Industrial Disputes Act.Mad. HC 411
- Interference by writ jurisdiction permissible if inference of Labour Court is perverse.
Bom. HC 419
- In case of violation of terms of lease, lessee will have locus standi to protest.
Supreme Court 425
Back to Top