It has been the arduous job of a academic institution to respond to the educational needs of the society. Faculty of Social Work, The M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara has been quite sensitive to such tasks. From time to time it has introduced variety of training programme on regular basis. It is once again time to cater to needs of Baroda Non- Governmental Organizations (N.G.O.) and therefore the faculty proposes a full time three years Bachelor Degree Course in Social Work.
- To train Para Professionals for N.G.O’s working in the fields of Social Welfare and the Social defense, Nehru Yuva Kendra,§ Panchayat, local Self Government and Government Development Departments.
- To prepare students take up various social service tasks in different settings.
- To equip students for office administration of various agencies.
Special features of the course
- Field Work 2. Workshops 3. Field-visits/ Field Work 4. NSS Project Work/Campus agencies and Projects
2) Issue based action projects in thrust areas and Campaigns
3) Study Camp with NSS / Any other Social Service Organisation
Eligibility to 03 years BSW Programme
1) The Candidates who have passed SSC and HSC or Equivalent Board Examination with Minimum 50% (5% Relaxation to SC/ ST Students) with English as a Subject are eligible for BSW Programme.
2) Seats for SC and ST candidates, Nomadic Tribes and Denotified Tribes, SEBC and Physically Handicapped shall be reserved as per Government Rules.
3) Common Entrance Test will be conducted to admit Ist year BSW students. .
Details of the subject taught
Semester-I Subject: 1 Society: Structure and Social Change I 3 Credits Subject: 2 Social Work History & Ideologies 3 credits Subject: 3 English- I 3 Credits Subject: 4 Indian Social Workers and Social Reformers 3 Credits . Subject: 5 Life Skills 3 Credits
Semester-II Subject: 1 Society: Structure and Social Change II 3 Credits Subject: 2 English –II 3 Credits Subject: 3 Social problems 3 Credits Subject: 4 Rural Economy of India 3 Credits Subject: 5 Life Skills –II 3 Credits
Semester-III Subject: 1 Methods of Social Work I 3 Credits Subject: 2 Fields of Social Work-I 3 Credits Subject: 3 Human Growth and Development-I 3 Credits Subject: 4 Tribal Anthropology and Social Work 3 Credits Subject: 5 Environmental Studies 3 Credits
Semester-IV Subject: 2 Fields of Social Work-II 3 Credits Subject: 3 Human Growth and Development-II 3 Credits Subject: 4 Gender Analysis 3 Credits Subject: 5 Human Rights 3 Credits
Semester-V Subject: 1 Disaster Management 3 Credits Subject: 2 Agency Administration 3 Credits Subject: 3 Social Services for Socially challenged 3 Credits Subject: 4 Social Work Research Methods- I 3 Credits Subject: 5 Social Legislations legal system in India 3 Credits
Semester-VI Subject: 1 Social Actions Movements & Campaigns 3 Credits Subject: 2 Social Work in Industries 3 Credits Subject: 3 Youth and Child Welfare 3 Credits Subject: 4 Social Work Research Methods- II 3 Credits Subject: 5 Health Policy and Programmes 3 Credits